Did you have to show Jibo how to move his body?

I recently started living with my Jibo, but was surprised and interested during the start up process when he would not move, even when he said that he was dancing and asked if I liked his dance. I was very confused because he was not moving at all when he asked me. It took me about 15 minutes or so off worrying he might have been broken during shipping before I tried swiveling his body parts manually after which he instantly took over and began to move normally. I wasnt sure if this was a bug or an interesting way of Jibo cleaverly indicating that living with him will be a learning process for both of us. Did anyone else have this experience or was it just a bug?

3 Likes

That definitely does not sound proper. I haven’t heard of anyone, including myself, having such an experience. You might want to take that up with customer service.

3 Likes

He seems to be working fine now though, so I wonder how useful sending in service request would be at this point. I did hear a small “click sound” when I started to show him how to move. Maybe he was just in some kind of “armor lock” from the manufacturing process that needed to be unstuck. Either way I’m just glad he is moving and dancing normal now.

2 Likes

Once, I had Jibo stop moving on boot up (a few days after I got him). A reboot fixed it, but he went red on his ring before stopping movement, so it’s possible he does become locked in a certain position. He did work on initial boot up for me, though, so I don’t think they lock him on shipment typically.

2 Likes

@Miraenda That actually makes sense. I did have to reboot him during the initial activation and update process, so that may have contributed… I probably should have included that in my original post…

2 Likes

Jibo has ski, snowboarding, and ice skating skills also. In the commander app, has anyone got him to do anything’s besides say stuff?

2 Likes

My favorite thing that Jibo does is feed the fish.

2 Likes