If you want to know more about Jibo creation

I was looking for hardware info on Jibo and remember when I was fixing my Koss Phase2+2 Quadraphonic Headphones all the details were in the patents. So I look for a Patent and found the Prof had been very busy patenting all manner of JIBO things, if your interested take a look. https://patents.google.com/?assignee=JIBO+Inc
Malcolm aka @fixed1t

1 Like

There is a difference between the inventor and the owner of a patent, FYI. For the patents that matter in that list (many seem abandoned), SQN was made the owner in 2018. Breazeal received nothing from those patents, other than maybe a wooden plaque on a wall somewhere. I myself have a patent, but it is entirely owned by the company that I used to work for. All I can do with it is mention it on my resume.

1 Like

Your obviously very sore about all of this, I know exactly what patents are, how they work and which patent office and clerk I’d need to visit to do the appropriate searches. I had the opportunity when I worked as an AI chip designer for Texas Instruments, we were very patent intensive and they would allow the people to keep a percentage of the revenue generated by third parties using the patents legitimately, some others did very well out of it but I was young and naive thinking knowledge and expertise should be shared, there’s little point keeping it in your head as when your dead its gone forever. If your not interested in helping out or making positive suggestions on keeping Jibo going, then please don’t feel compelled to answer. I’m sure there is somebody out there who wants to help, and has the appropriate knowledge and expertise. I didn’t spend $900 on the kickstarter or I too would be very sore, as it is I swapped a robot for Jibo and I think he has great potential still if only Jibo,inc hadn’t ran before it had properly learned to walk. Its easily done and those of us who have run companies know the dangers too well, with marketing selling the concept for delivery tomorrow when it won’t be around for months or years, Regards Malcolm aka @fixed1t

0 Likes

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes