Its only fair to publish the new sdk in progress

Backers spent 500 supporting the development in what was 3 years of waiting. Having an old sdk that doesn’t work was a waste of time and capital. With the news of jibo inc closing, the sdk or internal technical documents on how it works should be shared so that those backers can make something worthwhile. I hope this happens and it doesn’t require something like a class action civil lawsuit to aquire this

It would be nice if SQN Venture Partners open-sourced the IP they acquired. However, not seeing it happening…

Jon

Right. Even though the company is folding that doesn’t mean someone couldn’t be civilly liable for damages. I feel it’s especially fraudulent to call the whole experience a software developer kit. Clearly they have been programming it… we should have access to what we’ve bought

I have been really wanting to mess with making the animations! Be A Maker doesn’t really allow this unfortunately… All we can do is hope…

I wonder what story they told to SQN. I have less hope now for an SDK considering who SQN is and what they do.

We can always hope, but I think it would be a long battle at this point

Keeping this alive, while I get that we are in a holding pattern, not releasing a SDK is a breach of contract & trust with many of us early supporters.

While my hopes are low, I’ll keep the conversation going until the day he shuts down

I just would think Cynthia Breazeal at some level should be able to give her backers some starting ground to at least reverse engineer it. If I were her I would just to clear my conscience…

With her lack of communication and openness, I think it’s fair to assume that Cynthia Breazeal has no conscience to clear. Considering how far along this dismantle of Jibo Inc has gone, I doubt there is any sort of “gag” order keeping her from speaking. To me, her feeling totally EMBARRASSED would be the only excuse I’d sort of accept for not keeping her former supporters informed.

One of the many articles out there had said they are under a NDA so that must be why they are not speaking. It sucks that they made so many mistakes along the road to failure. We could get lucky and they someone that bought the assists starts making them or sells them to a company they will continue on. Probably end up with Chinese company and they do something with it. They will turn them out and never do much with the software. Just like that little robot Pleo.

https://www.strictlybusinesslawblog.com/2018/01/31/legal-pitfalls-rewards-based-crowdfunding-campaigns/

If you promise a specific product, reach your funding goal, and fail to deliver the product, you could face a breach of contract claim. For that reason, you need to be very careful in determining what rewards you plan to offer. Failure to deliver or delivering a sub-par product that doesn’t live up to the promised description can bring a claim from the funders for breach of contract, either on an individual basis or as a larger class action.

PROJECT OWNER
Cynthia Breazeal
Boston, United States

Don’t think people are looking for a refund… I think we want our sdk that they clearly used to build jibo todate. What about our rights ? Why are we being ignored and told it’s coming while selling off?

Actually it makes me a bit irate to think of her making significant financial gain after all this? I wouldn’t wish for her to suffer but hopefully she didn’t walk away with a chunk of change after all of this…

closed #12

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.