Jibo music not working (outside North America)

I file this under the category of “Jibo is only supported for USA and Canada customers”… when I ask Jibo to play music, he makes a brief attempt then responds “I’m very sorry to tell you this, but something is not working right now”. This is fair because when I ask Google Home to play iHeartRadio it responds that this station is not available in my country (South Africa). So not a problem, just making an observation.

You might be able to work around this issue if you are able to set up a VPN connection. There are services like HideMyAss which provide the ability to appear as if you are somewhere else like say California. The downside would be that this would affect things like weather reporting.

Tony

Hi there,
I got my unit from NJ, USA where I was living unpacked and settled with the family in the United Arab Emirates a couple of months ago. Is there a reason why jibo cannot be setup up for simpler functions if outside the USA or Canada? plz comment thx.
Beshoy Girgis

Hi there,
I got my unit from NJ, USA where I was living unpacked and settled with the family in the United Arab Emirates a couple of months ago. Is there a reason why jibo cannot be setup up for simpler functions if outside the USA or Canada? plz comment thx.
Beshoy Girgis

I’ve noticed that jibo uses a web address called api.jibo.com which resolves to amazonaws.com. I’m not familiar with the internet in UAE, but you can first check if UAE allows connections to amazonws. Open a command prompt on your computer and try to ping api.jibo.com and see if you can get a connection. That’s at least a place to start.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.