Jibo Visits Twilio SIGNAL

Hi Everyone, I apologize in advance if this comes across as a shameless plug. :slight_smile:

I’m sure many of you already know about this but Jibo visited Twilio Signal recently. I gave a talk and wrote a blog post about it.

If you have any questions/comments or even more suggestions on where we should bring Jibo next please don’t hesitate to let us know below. Suggestions/Comments/translations or even if you just want to comment on the content or my limited wardrobe :slight_smile: . Anything and everything is welcomed!

Hi Justin…very glad to see alll those great photos and video snippets from your visit to Twilio. Two quick questions:

1. Have you guys (or will you) be integrating Twilio’s VOIP library into Jibo? And, if so, will those functions be available in the SDK?
  2. I noticed that, in this video clip from the outing, the video playing in the background is the same one you guys were filming in your blog post back in January. Will you be releasing this video anytime soon?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael, As a developer evangelist I personally think that Twilio is a really cool API and we were at Twilio because it is a SUPER cool event and we wanted to be there to interact and learn from developers. That being said similar to @Admin.JiboSupport’s answer I don’t know if anything Twilio related will be available in the public SDK.

Also with regards to the video I’m not sure if or when we will be using it. But I’m sure we will let folks know if we are going to use or release it. That being said we will be working on developer focused videos! Stay tuned!

And do let me know if you have any suggestions for videos that are developer related/focused.

Thanks for your reply, Justin. As for suggestions for developer-focused videos, I definitely want to see more.

So far, the ones I’ve seen have been pretty basic, so it would be great to see videos of more advanced techniques you use internally to put together skills. For instance, it’d be cool to see how you guys detect audio events that trigger alerts in your JiboWatch home security skill or how you capture open-ended reminders from users in the JiboJot reminders skill. I’m sure these were likely challenges that your programmers overcame internally and it would be great to see how they did so that we could expand upon them.

Outside of those suggestions, I think we all would just love to see more videos in general about SDK usage and maybe even upcoming features that you can discuss before their released. Let’s increase the hype for developing for Jibo!