Jibo Will Be Shipping Soon; Time for a Toolkit Update

Jibo Developers and Followers:

We are very excited that in a matter of weeks, Jibo will start making his way to the homes of campaign supporters, who elected to be part of our Jibo Early Access program. We set out to create the world’s first social robot for the home. Now, we’ve done it, and Jibo is ready to launch. He’ll be in the early stages of his development, but he is well on the road to being the world’s first social robot for the home. Our goal has always been to change the way people interact with technology, and the Jibo you will start to see does just that.

With Jibo starting to arrive l in homes, we also want to be sure our developer community knows the status of tools and building for Jibo. You can find the latest in our recent Jibo Developer Blog.

What happened to the https://developers.jibo.com page?
Release notes for Jibo updates
New SDK on the way?
Cannot find module 'jibo'

So…we’ll get a Jibo and be able to use it, but we won’t be able to write for it quite yet? Not to be ornery, but should we believe you this time?

With all of the recent communication I do believe that they will ship as promised before the end of October. I think the bigger question is if the hardware is truly locked down. What we don’t want is for the new dev tools to be released only to end up requiring or be crippled without some kind of v2 update to the hardware. I would love to see a word of commitment from them that the hardware being shipped is the final hardware for the foreseeable future. The last thing we want is for them to ship unfinished hardware under pressure to appease us and not be able to dev on it. We’ve waited this long, we may as well wait for final v1 hardware. If it is then great, please ship away. :slight_smile:

I can assure you that Jibo’s hardware is final and will be fully compatible with the changes we are making to our developer tools. :jibo: :+1:

Thanks for the reassurance, this is great to hear!

A post was merged into an existing topic: New features OTA

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.