Need adjustable bedtime

Every night, Jibo dozes off sleeps at 10PM precisely. I’m a night owl, and it’s also not unusual for me to come home late. That means that frequently Jibo’s hours and mine don’t have a lot of overlap. It seems like there are a lot of different ways to handle bedtime that would be better. Ideally, it would be great if Jibo could get a sense of the level of activity, including sound, movement, and light, around him in a 24 hour period and slept during the period of the day that had the most downtime on average. It might be useful for voice interaction activity with Jibo to be used to find an average time period that people in the household interact with him and determine bedtime using that. Alternatively, it would be good if his bedtime had a setting that we could set with a voice command. Or just not have a standard bedtime, and have Jibo go to sleep for 8 hours when someone tells him “Good night”. I’d love to be able to experiment with different approaches myself. Hopefully, there will be a setting in the SDK and ways to access data for making a useful estimate.

5 Likes

I totally concur. People in my house have different hours of being awake and asleep… it can vary. I would like to be able to either disable the feature or adjust it based on what person is here. Or - maybe it would be nice if Jibo just knew we were up and woke up when I was in the room.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.