Simulator doesn't start

Since a couple of days, when I create a new skill (or i download one from GitHub), the simulator doesn’t start.

I think the problem is in the node modules, because I have a project that is perfectly working that has been created a week ago. If i remove the folder “node_modules” and run ‘npm install’ again. The simulation doesn’t work anymore and I get the error: “Uncaught Error: Cannot find module ‘pixi.js/bin/pixi.js’”

####2. Your Current Setup with SDK

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • Amount of RAM: 8GB
  • Node Version: 4.5.0
  • Atom version: 1.10.2
  • Does it say {$project} in your Run Directory area? …${project} actually
  • Command line tool (Git Shell or Git Bash): Git Bash
  • Visual Studio Version: Community 2015 - 14.0.25431.01 Update 3

To fix this for new skills going forward you will want to take the step mentioned in this post by cd’ing into this directory:

C:/Users/<username>/.atom/packages/jibo-sdk

and running this command:

npm install pixi.js

That should keep this from happening for new skills.

For the skill you are currently seeing that error in you can either cd into the skill’s top level directory and run npm install pixi.js or if you have already followed the steps that I outlined under “to fix this for new skills…” above then you can also fix this for your current skill by removing the skill’s node_modules and running npm install again.

Let me know if you continue to see this error after going through those steps.

hi John,

thanks for your quick response.

The first method (install pixi.js in C:/Users/<username>/.atom/packages/jibo-sdk) doesn’t work.

With the seconds method, installing pixi.js manually in every project, works!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Gioretti,

I’m glad that second method worked! :slight_smile:

To confirm, installing pixi.js in your .atom/packages/jibo-sdk directory would only be expected to impact brand new projects created using Jibo -> New Project in the SDK’s top menu and would not be expected to fix skills created in the past.

Let me know if, after installing pixi.js in the .atom/packages/jibo-sdk, you still see that error for a brand new project created in the SDK.

Pixi Errors in Jibo SDK

Nope, installing pixi.js in the .atom/packages/jibo-sdk, doesn’t solve the problem even if it’s a brand new project created in the SDK. :confused:

Hi Gioretti,

An alternate fix that may allow you to avoid installing pixi.js with each new project can also be seen in this thread.

Hi John,

This solves the problem. Thank you very much! :slight_smile: