Thought: Open Source the SDK development

With the recent news of more layoffs at Jibo, I can understand and appreciate where Jibo’s efforts must be to try to acquire additional funding or find an exit strategy. Unfortunately for us developers, and people that paid for the development version of Jibo, that doesn’t help us get an SDK. My thought is to Open Source parts of the SDK development.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that there is a lot of work even to get to the point where you can manage an Open Source project, and compartmentalize the code a functions enough so that you can keep control on the pieces that need control (security, privacy, etc). But, you have a vast development community, that wants to program for JIBO, and would be happy to help develop the SDK. I realize that JIbo, Inc. is shrinking in numbers (of employees), but is there a way to facilitate moving forward in letting the Jibo developer community help you out.

Personally, I would be willing to donate my time in helping see an SDK come out, and I am sure a lot of other people feel the same way. As a community of developers, directed by Jibo Inc, I can see progress towards and SDK and a profitable Jibo Inc.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.