What I Jibo's core processor CPU/GPU

After doing a large amount of reading and investigation I had come to the conclusion that Jibo has a Nvidia Tegra X1 processor in him, however, as the flash for X1 gets stuck some of us tried the K1 processor with similar all stop and waiting results. A further discussion was whether it was a T4. Is there anybody here that knows which processor it actually is? Mickey did a strip down and I’ve attached a copy of the picture of the CPU/GPU but despite considerable searching I can’t find a reference to this processor.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Regards Malcolm aka @fixed1t

It’s a T124 by Nvidia, containing a Cortex-A15 in a 4+1 configuration.

Source: the Tegra Wikipedia page

Thanks for confirming its the K1, Arthur had spotted it on one of the Jibo teardown videos, I should have bought the lower priced TK1 kit for direct transfer, its was also around $60 cheaper LOL. Figuring out all the interconnects for the TX1 will be a bit of a pain, thats why I was hoping that in the event of a Jibo crash after they switch the servers off, we could just re-flash the Jibo motherboard with whatever we create for testing purposes. Having the hardware aka connected (a working jibo) would make this much simpler.

I’d also like to back off Jibo so we can work on the board addressing and in the event of a crash we can just re-initialise him. I just wish the person with the knowledge on how to do this would come forward secretly with the details, so we could progress and not be wasting our efforts stabbing in the dark. Thats not to say I don’t like stabbing in the dark, I do, its just that the time till server death could be quite short so I don’t want to waste it.

As I asked yesterday, do you know if the USB communication with Jibo ever worked, and if so was it the method used to flash Jibo? and do you have access to the code :wink:

Regards Malcolm aka @fixed1t

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.