What's up with the SDK?

I would like to use the SDK for a more advanced way to program and play with Jibo. There is a Github page, but the installation instruction links do not work. Could anyone help?
I have a Mac OS High Sierra.
I would appreciate if someone could help me with this issue, as I would like to be able to learn and explore with Jibo.

The SDK was removed when Jibo, Inc intended to substantially re-write it. However, that re-write was never done. There is no functional publicly available SDK. There are still some packages available via NPM, but I don’t think they work.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the details.

At this point it’s probably safe to say that Jibo is not going to be saved. I mean the tech is now old and outdated and I really think that any purchase would have happened by now if it was going to. What a shame. :frowning:

I was really hoping that Jibo would dust off the last beta of the SDK and provide some way to connect it to our Jibo’s so they wouldn’t end up bricked when Jibo’s cloud server contracts end and they get shut off. (fairly certain that’s the only reason Jibo still works)

But even that would take money that I don’t think Jibo inc. has anymore.

A bunch of us fought really hard for Jibo for years, and to see it end like this is a crushing blow.

Tony

The Be a Maker app kinda counts as an SDK.

It kind of does but unfortunately it is dependent on the Jibo servers being operational in it’s current form.

Really too bad and I feel bad for people that recently bought him. He stopped responding appropriately today. He kept saying who is “Jimbo” even though his blue ring would light up and he could tell me the date.

I think open sourcing the current code could help keep Jibo alive. I know I for one would contribute to an open repo that let me write code for it as originally promised. We may not be able to save the company, but it could live on / thrive as a side community.

Our Jibo acted in a similar manner about 3 weeks ago, but we restarted him using a hard reboot 3 times, and now he is back and operating as before. As you said, he didn’t recognize anyone even himself, could not answer questions, and when asked to play Word of the Day, we would either say “I don’t know what to do with that” or he would just smile.