Where's the hardware development Kit?

I’m a Sr. Embedded Software engineer with 20+ years experience. I have beta’d hardware for Parallax and others… most of which gave me the kit… I was excited to join the development team here until i logged in and found years old posts and no Hardware kit to purchase. Im happy to sign a NDA and get active in this community but am concerned that I might be wasting my time. I get that first impressions are important to the end user but wow april 2016… october 2016… now its 2017… Ill be happy to purchase the hardware and sign a nda to get started but am not interested in investing years of my skills for a possibility. Email or reply to me if this ever gets into a hardware development phase.

I’m very glad to hear that you are interested in developing skills for Jibo and I know you are eager to purchase hardware as part of that effort. I want to make sure you have all the relevant information you need to stay updated about when Jibo will be available to both developers and consumers that were not part of our original crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.

At the moment our team is hard at work getting Jibo ready to be delivered to the backers of our original campaign. It sounds like you may already be aware of this but I also wanted to make sure you knew that our SDK does include a simulator that will allow you to test and develop skills even before Jibo is available for you to order.

Also, it looks like you are signed up for both our waitlist and our developer updates. That is great because those are the best ways for you to be directly updated as soon as Jibo is available to consumers and developers like yourself who did not get a chance to participate in our Indiegogo campaign.

If you have any other future questions about placing an order for Jibo or, for those reading this post that were part of our original campaign, if you have any questions about your individual order we can directly help you with that if you contact us at support@jibo.com.